Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dialogue (Soldiers)


WARNING CONTAINS EXPLICIT LANGUAGE 
You've been warned.

Also before I get started I would like to say, I have gotten a fair number of views and a few comments, but I would really like more comments. Grammar, Criticism, What you liked, what you didn't, etc.
Enjoy, Hayden Gainey





“You’re fuckin kidding me, right?”
                “No bro, I seriously have to lay the biggest dukie right now.”
                I sigh heavily, “Fine, how’re we gonna do this?”
                “Just wait outside, bro.”
                I look at Smith and say nothing for a moment.
                “Yeah…forget I said that.” Smith puffs his cheeks out and thinks for a moment. “Just wait by the door?” He smiles comes, and then slides off his face just an easy as it went on.
                I grasp his collar, “Alrighty, but if one of them ragheads comes and guns meh down, Imma kill ya, ya hear?” I shoulder my rifle and begin a slow crafted crawl towards the only doorway leading outside.
                Total calm as I gaze out the door through the scope of my rifle. It quite a nice day for a shit really, I’ve always admired Smith’s timing. “Jesus, boy you got the runs or somethin?”
                “Just watch the damn door Boyle!”
                “This goes in the report, right?”
                “Fuck you, Boyle.”
                I chuckle to myself and continue to keep watch, surveying the shattered building and dusty dirt roads. A glint catches my eye, the top of a friendly helmet rustling about in a build not far from our current position. Not a few second later my radio cracks to life, “This is Alpha-3 is Viper-2  out there, over?”
                “Is that you Alpha-3 over there dry-humpin each other, just north of the outpost?”
                “Sure is. I’ll tell the boys to put their dicks away. We good to move up?
                “Yeah,” I wave my hand in the air, “Do ya see me?”
                “Sure do, we’re moving up cover our asses.”
 I place my radio back into it pouch as soon as the radio ceased to crackle. “Hey, Smith put your drawers back on and get your shit together.” I pause and turn my head towards Smith, “Don’t actually touch your shit, That’d be a bit disgusting.
“You think you pretty funny, dontcha bro.”
Alpha-3 filed into to what became a small cramped single roomed hut. The LT walked up to me and placed his hand on my shoulder, “What are ya’ll doin out here. You supposed be back up at the outpost?”
                “No, we’re up here scoutin, making sure those ragheads aren’t sneakin up too close.”
                “Sounds terrific, what’d ya say ya walk us back to the outpost?”
                “For sure, sir follow me and Smith.” I turned to walk towards the door with my hand on the LT’s back guiding him when a yell rung out from behind us.


If you read this far, you'll notice the story doesn't end. I wrote one page, but honestly one page is not much to go one, so I ask that you instead critique the dialogue of the characters what works, what doesn't.
Also before someone says anything, The profane language is necessary, end of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment